Remote — Freelance Software Engineer
NOV 2014 – PRESENT
- RedCarpet – a service for improving the customer experience with iBeacons during art exhibitions. A project for UBS Singapore. Built with iOS (Swift), Parse, Firebase, Estimote.
- Giveable – a crowdfunding platform using React, Redux, Redux Sagas, Firebase, Node.js, KoaJS, Webpack.
- Built a new version for StackUp website. StackUp is a bootcamp program by National University of Singapore. Technologies used: TypeScript, Angular 4, Express, MongoDB, Firebase, GraphQL.
- WorldTrainer - a service that helps traveling professionals to find suitable personal trainers around the world. Technology: Rails 4, Postgres, React. The app integrates with MailChimp, Mandrill and Stripe among others.
- Volunteered at GIVE.asia, maintained and extended a system with 100,000 monthly page views using Rails 3, MongoDB. Implemented recurring donations among other features.
Neo Innovation, Singapore — Senior Software Engineer
FEB 2012 – NOV 2014
pair programming, tdd, bdd, ci/cd, angularjs, ruby-on-rails, AWS, Google App Engine
Neo (formerly Pivotal Labs, Singapore) was a software consultancy focusing on building MVPs for startups and small innovation teams in big enterprises.
- OpenSpaces - web application built to promote Google Chrome browser in Indonesia. The app allowed people to draw graffiti-like paintings in a browser (canvas). During the campaign jury selected 10 paintings to be put on real buildings in Jakarta and other cities.
- I worked on a payroll engine utilizing a complex set of business rules for VirtualHR which provides payroll solutions to businesses in Singapore.
That was a Ruby on Rails application.
- I was involved in building frontend part of an analytics product using AngularJS and D3 for Singtel—the largest mobile operator in Singapore.
- LCA is a supply chain consultancy in Malaysia. I was leading a small team of the client’s developers. We were building a mobile app for sales representatives to interact with the client’s warehouse backend.
Technologies used: Cordova, Ionic, CouchDB, Ansible.
SmartSoft, Poland — Lead Software Engineer, Owner
MAY 2001 – DEC 2011
SmartSoft was a small studio building desktop and web solutions.
- Keypoint is a survey management software. It’s a Windows desktop program written in Delphi. It allowed to design surveys in WYSIWYG mode. The responses could be collected in a number of ways: OCR scanning, web input, direct data entry.
- surveyserver.net was a server for hosting KeyPoint surveys. Built with PHP, XSLT and MySQL. It could serve dynamically tailored surveys for different browsers (Netscape, Firefox, IE).
- Communicate: Ideas is a mind-mapping desktop app build in Delphi. It allowed infinite zoom and designing mind-maps that could fit walls. I developed a custom 2D drawing engine allowing for high-quality (antialiased), fast rendering of complex shapes, including WMFs and text.
- I built a backend system for offline video editing for Channel 4. It allowed to overlay HD videos with custom graphics. It was built with Java, Adobe Air, ffmpeg, QuickTime.
BIS Format, Poland — Software Engineer
JUL 1999 – MAY 2001
I was a member of a two person team responsible for migration of an accounting software from DOS to Windows. The program Super Księga Podatkowa is still one of the most popular bookkeeping solutions for small businesses in Poland.